Facebook Advertising For Lawyers
A Step-By-Step Guide To Facebook Advertising For Lawyers
Facebook is the most popular social network in the world as of January 2021. With over 2 billion monthly active users, this platform is and continues to be the most valuable platform connecting with people in your market and around the country. This does not necessarily mean that you HAVE to invest in Facebook advertising though. It is important to evaluate what your law firm's goals are and your general market before deciding whether to invest into this social media platform. If you do those evaluations and research and decide that you want to run a test on Facebook Ads for your law firm, use the step-by-step guide below to set yourself up for success.
- Determine Landing Page Experience: In Facebook Ads, you can decide whether you want to send users to a specific page on your website or use an on page Facebook form. From our experience, using the custom Facebook form to collect information and capture the lead tends to have a higher conversion rate than sending users directly to your website. If you decide to use Facebook Lead Forms as your option, then you will need to navigate to your Facebook page, click on “Publishing Tools” in the top navigation and then click on Lead Forms in the bottom left corner of your screen. Otherwise, you will just need to add your website URL to the Ad in Step 6 to send the user directly to your website.
- Navigate To Facebook Ads Manager & Setup Account: To set up your account, you will want to set up your Facebook Business Manager account first. To set up your business manager account, you will want to navigate to business.facebook.com and follow the instructions provided by Facebook. Once you are logged into your business manager account, Facebook will prompt you to create your Ad Account. Follow those instructions as well since you will need to use that account to start running ads.
- Choose Campaign Objective: If you are moving forward with using the Facebook Lead Form to generate leads for your law firm, when you create the campaign you will need to choose “Lead” as your campaign objective. If you want to send users directly to your website, then you will want to select “Conversions” as your campaign objective. Traffic should not be your campaign objective. When it comes to Paid Advertising of any sorts, you want to make sure that you are tracking the leads you are generating from that spend and not just traffic. That is the only way to get a strong understanding of ROI.
- Setup Your Targeting (Audience & Geographic): Your targeting is going to be extremely important. For your campaign to be successful and drive leads at a low cost, you’ll want to be extremely strategic with your targeting. There are two forms of targeting that you will need to overlap with each other to have success. There is radial targeting (geographic targeting) and then audience targeting. First, with your radial targeting, you need to identify where your previous clients have lived. Defining the market you serve will directly correlate with how you set up your radial targeting. If you are in Phoenix, Arizona and you best serve or want to attract clients and cases from the Scottsdale area, then you will want to set your radial targeting around the city of Scottsdale. The next version of targeting (audience targeting) is going to be important. Facebook allows for many different types of audience targeting, so it can get confusing to set up or decide which strategy you want to go with. One strategy that we have found very effective is to take a list of leads you have generated in the past or clientele and use that information to build out Lookalike Audiences. Lookalike Audiences is essentially letting Facebook use their Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to find new people that show the buying behaviors of your past leads or clients. That will then be the audience you are targeting. What makes this targeting so effective is that the technology behind it gets better and better over time and you’ll generate more leads over time.
- Set Your Daily Budget: This is where you will set your daily budget. I would recommend that you calculate out how much you are willing to spend on a monthly basis and then divide it by the number of days in the month.
- Create Ad Creative & Define Creative Strategy: In your Ad Creative, you have the opportunity to experiment and see what resonates with your targeting audience and what generates more leads for your law firm. A couple of Ad Creative strategies that I have had success with is showing off credibility (Reviews and Badges) and then video content that is helpful to the specific audience that you are targeting. This should be an ongoing experimental process following the scientific method so that you can continue to get more leads at a low cost per lead.
- Setup Facebook Pixel: This part of the process is a little more complex. You can set up your Facebook Pixel in multiple ways. The purpose of the Facebook Pixel is to track activity on your website. You can use the pixel to track traffic and then most importantly leads. I would recommend using Google Tag Manager on your website and add the Facebook Pixel into your Google Tag Manager account. If you do not want to go through that process, then you will need to take the Facebook Pixel code and put it in the Header Code of your website. Once having that completed, you will be able to track traffic on your website from Facebook Ads. The next step would be to set up an Event in Facebook and make sure that event is triggered when a user submits a form on your website. At that point you will be able to see the leads that come from your Facebook Ads efforts.
- Track Performance / Analyze Results: Once you have added your credit card to the Facebook Ads account, you will be good to go to start running your ads. This is not to set it and forget it. To be the most effective and not lose money through Facebook Ads, you need to monitor the data and continue to tweak your strategy. Your end goal is to get more people reaching out to you for your services and eventually converting into a paying client. At any point, if you are not generating leads and are spending money, reach out to a professional Facebook Ads manager for lawyers. Some professionals will offer free advice and paid for managed services. At the end of the day, you don’t want to spend money with no return coming at the end of it.
Facebook Advertising For Lawyers
There are many services out there that can help manage your law firm's Facebook Advertising efforts. At Lab Coat Marketing, we have been able to provide excellent results for our clients. In some cases we have been able to provide 50x ROI. Every client is unique and every market requires its own unique attention to achieve results like that, but we are always up for the challenge and love helping our clients grow their firms and achieve their goals. We would love to have a conversation with you to help you achieve your goals as well!